Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 16 June 2013

Saga Sven Forkbeard

Alongside the recent Saxon Casualties, Tony also asked if I would paint him the Gripping Beast Sven character that was given away as part of the Saga release to the initial pre-orders.

I have painted a shield for the figure, but have not attached as I think it looks better without it. Tony can have the choice to attach or not.





3 comments:

  1. looks great Scrivs think shield would look odd with the 2HW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work on this as always, Paul. Your shading technique is very convincing. I think the shield may look appropriate slung from his back. Should still show most of the dynamic pose of the figure. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks James & Dean. I suppose that Tony will have the choice.

    I have just painted another Sven for myself and have again painted a shield and left it off, when the basing is finished I'll post it here with the shield blu-taked on and without and we can have an audience vote :)

    ReplyDelete